After I was nominated for the Liebster Award by an awesome fellow blogger (Thanks, blabberwockying!) I was floating on cloud nine and unfortunately no mode of travel was available to bring me back down. So, it took me some time to come back to Earth and finally attempt the questions that he had put to me.
Here they are –
- What inspires you? Could be anything – an image, a quote, a conversation with a stranger. Although I need some real inspiration to finally get on to that cross-trainer.
- How do you aim to inspire others? Through my writing. Hope to reach a stage where people read my article and ponder over it for a few minutes before moving on to the next thing. Maybe, they could decide to implement some change in their life – smile more, stop to savour each moment more.
- What do you most admire in a leader? The ability to understand his group/team and empathize with them. A desire to genuinely understand people, help solve their problems and be invested in them. Don’t have many of them left now, though
- What gives you meaning in your work? The ability to reach out to others through words – it could be to make them laugh, inspire them to take a long due difficult decision or even force them to step back and savour each moment of life.
- What personality trait has been the most enduring and representative of you? Would be my talkative nature. Just can’t shut up… even when categorically told to do so.
- What genre of movie do you like best, and how has it evolved over your adult life? Romance. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. It has made me think there is good in the world, you just have to have the eyes for it. And nothing can not be won over with love and understanding.
- Who is your hero? Here, I need to be cliched and say “Dad”. As it is no man can live up to the standards that I have set in my mind, by observing him and how he treates me and my mom. He truly is a real hero, in my eyes.
- Where do you feel most at peace? In my sleep 🙂
- What song makes you sing along out loud, and/or break into dance? Quite a few of them. I’m very fond of music and my playlist is quite long. Some favorites are Din Pareshan Hain, Last Christmas, Diwana Hua Badal … this space would fall short. Maybe, i’ll keep this for another post. 😉
- What do you want people to remember most about you after meeting you for the first time? My smile, but fat chance of that happening since it is difficult to see beyond my rabbit teeth.
- What are you most proud of? At present, it happens to be my blog which incidentally, is also the the only thing on my mind these days.