10 May Story Continuation Challenge Prompt 10
Last week, we had changed the rules a bit and upped the ante. You story-tellers had had it too easy I had thought. 😀 I had prepared myself to be surprised yet again with your amazing stories. And surprised I was! Mandi’s story about waging war to maintain peace and Sonali’s story about battling environmental destruction to save lives were both futuristic and solved some world crisis, just as the challenge rules had demanded.
I was also surprised at the lack of response as I had thought this challenge would be again child’s play for you. Apparently, not. So, this time let us lower the stakes a bit and make it a little easier again. 🙂
Mother’s Day just went past. Of course, we all celebrated in our own unique ways. And if she isn’t here anymore, then I hope you celebrated her life and times even more. No? Okay, here’s a perfect opportunity to do that.
This week, let’s celebrate Mother’s Day through our stories. It’s also the 10th week for this challenge, so let’s make it special. What better way to celebrate than by going back to our own beginnings – to the one who gave birth to us.
This week the prompt isn’t a sentence but instead a theme:
Mother (OR Motherhood OR Mother’s Day)
Challenge Rules –
- Please complete the story in a maximum of 500 words.
- The story should start with the prompt as the first line.
- Stories need to be written on your own blog, with a pingback here.
- This is the only post where you are allowed to share your links in the comments.
- If a comment or story written by another blogger inspires you to write one of your own, please remember to thank them.
- Creativity rules. The story could be told in a rhyming poem, free verse or prose. It could be funny, dark, thought-provoking or even a true incident retold creatively.
- The Challenge will run from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Most creative stories shall get a special mention in next week’s challenge.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- Please do read other stories and visit their blogs or give them feedback here. Each one of us is here to showcase our writing to others. Give first what you want in return.
- If you are interested in participating in the challenge, please follow the blog to receive the prompts via email.
- As before, remember to go off the beaten track. Think out-of-the-box.
Prompt 10 Rules –
- The story must involve a mother – your own mother, your country, Mother Earth or even the lady who had a motherly influence on you.
- This is a free challenge. Write fiction or creative non-fiction – a letter to your mom, a memoir, an anecdote or whatever else you like and want to share with us. Was your mother was your best friend? Tell us about that. If it is fiction, the story must be inspired by a real life incident.
- Additional challenge – use this challenge you express opinions or feelings you may not have otherwise. (Were raised by a single dad and dislike Mother’s Day? Feel free to write about that too.)
This prompt is open until Sunday, May 15th, 2016. Please do share your stories before then.
My take on the prompt – read it here. Look forward to yours. 🙂
MysticalwriterPosted at 02:09h, 10 May
Reblogged this on Mysticalwriter and commented:
Reblogged from wanderingsoul2015blog.wordpress.com
Wandering SoulPosted at 13:10h, 10 May
Thank you so much for the reblog! 🙂
Feelings and FreedomPosted at 04:35h, 10 May
I am prompted to give it a try the time 🙂
Wandering SoulPosted at 13:01h, 10 May
Sonali MukherjeePosted at 04:37h, 10 May
I’ve written a piece recently that seems to fit this prompt. Is it alright if I link that one?
Wandering SoulPosted at 13:01h, 10 May
Sure! Of course…
MindandLifeMattersPosted at 11:50h, 10 May
I had a story for your prompt from last week but couldn’t post time in time! 🙁
Wandering SoulPosted at 12:43h, 10 May
No worries! you can post on your blog and ping back 🙂
MindandLifeMattersPosted at 12:51h, 10 May
Oh that’s a good idea! 😉
Pingback:Story Continuation Prompt: Nonfiction – Mother Going Out – Mandibelle16Posted at 20:38h, 11 May
[…] you to Wandering Soul for hosting the Story Continuation Prompt Challenge. This week’s theme […]
Pingback:Please Share Links To Your Blogging Events! | Blogger's World!Posted at 04:00h, 12 May
[…] Story Continuation Challenge Prompt 10 […]
Pingback:Happy Mother’s Day Mom! – Howling With The WolfPosted at 02:24h, 14 May
[…] for Wandering Soul’s Story Continuation Prompt for this week is Mother so I linked this one. Go visit her blog […]
Pingback:Story Continuation Challenge Prompt 11 – Wandering SoulPosted at 12:08h, 17 May
[…] Mother’s Day prompt was interesting and easy enough , I guess. At least the responses seem to indicate so. There […]