07 Nov Just received a Liebster Award!
Source: Liebster Award Round Eleven!
Thrilled to receive this from two of my fellow bloggers. Especially since it is awarded only to new bloggers whose work is interesting and worthy of being shared. It may not mean much in the real world, but this is testimony to the fact that my writing is being noticed and appreciated. Since I am less than a week into blogging, this means a lot.
So Thank You for your encouragement, Anand and Sebastian.
You can visit their blogs at blabberwockying! and Scribbling Parrot.
Anand has given me a long list of questions that took me quite some time to ponder over and come with answers. But, finally here they are –
- What inspires you? Could be anything – an image, a quote, a conversation with a stranger. Although I need some real inspiration to finally get on that cross-trainer.
- How do you aim to inspire others? Through my writing. Hope to reach a stage where people read my aticle and ponder over it for a few minutes before moving on to the next thing. Maybe, they could decide to implement some change in their life – smile more, stop to savour each moment more.
- What do you most admire in a leader? The ability to understand his group/team and empathize with them. A desire to genuinely understand people, help solve their problems and be invested in them. Don’t have many of them left now, though
- What gives you meaning in your work? The ability to reach out to others through words – it could be to make them laugh, inspire them to take a long due difficult decision or even force them to step back and savour each moment of life.
- What personality trait has been the most enduring and representative of you? Would be my talkative nature. Just can’t shut up… even when categorically told to do so.
- What genre of movie do you like best, and how has it evolved over your adult life? Romance. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. It has made me think there is good in the world, you just have to have the eyes for it. And nothing can not be won over with love and understanding.
- Who is your hero? Here, I need to be cliched and say “Dad”. As it is no man can live up to the standards that I have set in my mind, by observing him and how he treates me and my mom. He truly is a real hero, in my eyes.
- Where do you feel most at peace? In my sleep 🙂
- What song makes you sing along out loud, and/or break into dance? Quite a few of them. I’m very fond of music and my playlist is quite long. Some favorites are Din Pareshan Hain, Last Christmas, Diwana Hua Badal … this space would fall short. Maybe, i’ll keep this for another post. 😉
- What do you want people to remember most about you after meeting you for the first time? My smile, but fat chance of that happening since it is difficult to see beyond my rabbit teeth.
- What are you most proud of? At present, my blog which is certainly the only thing on my mind, these days.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
My Nominees –
Please do visit the above blogs, you may find something that touches a chord!
My questions to my Awardees –
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
- What incident (or thought or experience) first prompted you to write?
- What is the one thing that you want and the one thing you do not want (from your writing)?
- Which is your favourite book and why (or how it influenced you)?
- Who is your favourite author and one book written by them that you would like to recommend?
- What is your criteria for an “ideal write-up/article”?
- What is the one thing that you have learnt from other bloggers and/or their blogs?
- What article (or post) affected or influenced you most?
- What is the one piece of advice you would like to give to fellow bloggers?
Look forward to all the interesting answers. 🙂
Who do you think deserves a Liebster Award? Share your favourite blog/blogger in the comments below, and tell us a bit about what about it appeals to you the most.
Marica_boPosted at 14:04h, 07 November
Thank you so much for this award! I am very honoured! it has been a pleasure to meet you during this course!
I will respond as soon as possible 😀
Have a nice weekend!
Wandering SoulPosted at 08:25h, 08 November
Sure, take your time. 🙂
emilyPosted at 14:49h, 07 November
Wow that’s amazing, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw your post. Thank you very much for the homour, I’ll get straight onto answering your questions tomorrow. Would you believe at the same time you were putting together that post, I was organising a Cyberhug for you because I enjoyed meeting you in the commons very much, and I’m enjoying reading what you have to say. You’re getting another Liebster nomination by the way, not because you sent me one but because I like your posts.
Wandering SoulPosted at 08:26h, 08 November
he he 🙂 Thanks so much. Mutual Admiration! 🙂
whatsandrathinksPosted at 14:53h, 07 November
Wow! This is the coolest. Thanks very much! When I started blogging, I thought it would turn into an online diary because I didn’t think anyone would read it. This means a lot to me. I will post my response as soon as possible. Thanks again!
Wandering SoulPosted at 08:27h, 08 November
Look forward to it 🙂
Debbie LPosted at 16:42h, 10 November
Congratulations, you are off to a GREAT start! Sharing these awards will help you be a bit more noticed.
Wandering SoulPosted at 16:46h, 10 November
Thank you! I am still browsing through your blog, and must say , I am mighty impressed. Your writing is so fine , and easy to read. I loved reading about your marriage – gives such deep insight into relationships and love.
Had recently come across quite a few blogs which had declared themselves “award-free” so was wondering where I should be accepting awards to not. And then I stumbled onto your blog and the post about you not accepting awards “anymore”. that gave me reassurance that i can and it does not make my blog any less just because of awards. Look forward to more advice and guidance from you. Thank you!
Debbie LPosted at 22:41h, 10 November
Oh, accepting awards is good, especially for newer bloggers. But to accept is a bit time consuming. I like to do my homework on them, so it takes me a long time to reply. Others seem to write beautiful acceptance blogs with ease. I just was given too many awards!
Wandering SoulPosted at 04:29h, 11 November
I think you well deserved them 🙂
nananettie1969Posted at 07:37h, 15 February
Hello! Congrats on all your awards dear new friend! When I first read something from you I thought I want to nominate this blog for The Liebster award…..I see you have accepted a number of these. Would you mind me nominating you for mine? I am picking from the new blogs I have found and the ones that stick out the most. Please let me know so I can include you in my award post…..happy blogging!