22 Nov Liebster Award – My 3rd One
I have been very blessed to be surrounded by some very inspiring, encouraging and kind group of bloggers that I have recently met and interacted with.
They have been kind with their praise for my writing, and their own writing has been nothing short of outstanding and inspiring.
Reading other articles where they dare to share slices of their lives, let us into their private world without inhibition and share their innermost thoughts has taught me a lot. It has not only improved my writing but also made me a better person.
And, that is why these awards are important – to recognize their contribution to blogosphere, and also to show them that you care.
I have been nominated again, for the Liebster Award, this time by Thia, an amazing young blogger (Do visit her blog Thia’s Tale) who writes about Love, Life and Fashion. Her article about “How to Live Alone” is a must read.
I do not know how deserving I am of this Award, but if she thinks of me worthy enough I must be doing something right! It has certainly encouraged me to write more and made me strive to become better and better, as a responsibility to my readers.
Thank you, Thia for this award. I shall try to be better and better with each post. 🙂
Now, to answer Thia’s questions –
- How would you describe your blog?
I wouldn’t describe it at all. Would prefer others to do so, and call it “interesting, enlightening, funny, informative, inspiring and a must read”. Although, it probably isn’t any of those things!
- When and why did you start blogging?
Started blogging in November 2015, which is just about less than a month, when I write this post.
I started blogging because I wanted the practice and also to develop a bank of stories and samples for potential publishers/clients etc. Ultimately, would want to become a travel writer.
- What inspires you?
Life, itself. Watching people, nature, hearing or reading other people’s stories and real life incidents. Although, have to admit that the daily prompts help a lot in triggering off ideas and thoughts.
- How do you get over a writer’s block?
I read a lot – articles, magazines, other people’s blogs, could be anything related to fiction, non-fiction etc; or even informative articles about art of writing and blogging.
Apart from this, watching a movie or while taking a walk, helps get over that block and soon some or the other idea comes to mind.
- Of all your posts, which is your favourite?
It changes every week, as per audience feedback. Currently, World War III : The Golf Cart, Ant Attack and the Mud Path, Where Art Thou? and 7 Essentials for Travelling are my favourites.
My Awardees are –
I would be thrilled were they to accept this award. I have enjoyed reading their blogs and their writing is fresh and innovative.
Please do visit their blogs. Like me, you may discover something new and interesting.
My Questions –
- What references or resources do you use to improve your writing?
- What made you start blogging, as against just maintaining a private journal/diary.
- Which is your favourite book and why?
- What is most cherished childhood memory?
- Who or what has been the biggest influencing factor in your life?
- What do you aim to achieve from your blog?
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Congrats and All The Best to my Awardees!
Look forward to their responses and their future posts.